All generalized requirements applicable to the electrical equipment are summarized in this standard. The standards relating to the different types of protection may supplement these requirements. Protection requirements relating to other sources of ignition are to be added.
The general temperature range for the use of explosion protected electrical equipment is given as –20…+40°C. Permissible extensions or restrictions of the temperature range are to be indicated.
The rules for marking the electrical equipment are uniformly laid down in the standards relating to general technical requirements. The marking must indicate the following:
- The manufacturer who has put the item of electrical equipment on the market and who must be able to identify it.
- The type or types of protection the item of electrical equipment conforms to.
- The temperature class for which it is suitable.
- The explosion hazard group or subgroup applicable to the item of electrical equipment.
- The test center issuing the test certificate.
- Any special conditions that have to be observed.
- The standard or revision of the standard applicable to the item of electrical equipment.